The Managing Director of Air Products AS Kristiansand, Tom Cantero, was invited to meet the Norwegian Foreign Minister Børge Brende Monday April 25th 2016, at the University of Agder.
Along with leaders from other local businesses, Tom Cantero was participating in a panel discussing the subject of “Norway as a country for investment and the world as business market – foreign politics and the business industries competitiveness”.
Air Products` input, presented by Tom Cantero, on this matter were:
- In what way can the industry expect help from the Foreign Ministry to clear the way for export of Norwegian environmental technology?
- In what way can Norway influence IMO for a swift processing of approved environmental requirements.
- Norway needs more collaborating countries for common environmental projects.
- We have to put pressure on the government in other countries to follow Norwegian environmental requirements.
- Fight for phasing out heavy fuel/oil as propulsion fuel for all ships.
Go to : https://www.flickr.com/photos/utenriksdept/ for further information.
Enclosed pictures from the meeting.